Amazon Web Services Connect directly to AWS
Improve Performance, Reduce Costs, Increase Security
AWS Direct Connect enables customers to connect their IT infrastructure directly to Amazon Web Services (AWS), establishing private network connections that bypass the public Internet.
Bypassing the public Internet improves performance, reduces costs, increases security, ensures consistent throughput and enables many hybrid cloud use cases. With AWS Direct Connect inside Equinix, AWS instances work seamlessly with your data center LAN, allowing full integration between cloud services and your internal applications.
Equinix customers can choose multiple connection speeds:
- Fiber-optic cross connects provide either 1- or 10-gigabits-per-second connections
- Virtual connections via the Equinix Ethernet Exchange providing a flexible range of speeds (50, 100, 200, 300, 400 and 500 megabits per second, up to 1 gigabit per second)
AWS Direct Connect services are currently offered in 18 Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers located in London, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Washington, D.C./Northern Virginia—covering more markets than any other data center provider.
- Move large volumes of data in and out of AWS—faster, more securely and at a much lower cost than using public network connections.
- Achieve predictable network performance and deliver a more consistent end-user experience
- Flexible bandwidth options below 1 Gbps enable customers to burst up to two times the committed access rate at no additional cost
- Customer workloads that require occasional bandwidth bursts, such as backups, will benefit from higher performance when bandwidth needs spike and from reduced connection costs when bandwidth needs are low
- Compatible with all AWS services, including Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) and Amazon Relational Database (RDS)
- Extend your current data center environment into the cloud using the same IP addressing scheme, operating as if the cloud were in your data center. Leverage AWS for data migration and replication to satisfy business continuity, disaster recovery and data retention requirements
How Do I Get Started?
Simple. Use the Contact Me button below and an Equinix representative with be in touch to discuss your needs