Amazon Web Services Connect IT infrastructure Directly to AWS
Improve Performance, Reduce Costs, Increase Security
AWS Direct Connect allows Equinix customers to connect their corporate IT infrastructure directly to Amazon Web Services through a private fiber optic connection.
By bypassing the public Internet, you can improve performance, reduce costs, increase security, and leverage cloud computing for more applications. With AWS Direct Connect, you can treat AWS instances as part of your data center LAN, allowing full integration between cloud services and your internal applications.
AWS Direct Connect is currently offered in a number of Equinix IBX® data centers including the greater metropolitan areas of Seattle, Washington DC/Northern Virginia, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney. New and existing Equinix customers in these regions will be able to lower network costs into and out of AWS by reducing bandwidth commitments to ISPs and taking advantage of reduced AWS Direct Connect data transfer rates.
Each partner has been identified by Equinix as a premier provider of services and is located within Platform Equinix.
- Cost-effectively and securely move huge amounts of data in and out of AWS.
- Achieve predictable network performance and deliver a more consistent network experience.
- Compatible with all AWS services including: Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC), Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS).
- Extend your current data center environment into the cloud using the same IP addressing scheme—as if the cloud were in your data center.
- Leverage AWS for data migration and replication to satisfy business continuity, disaster recovery, and data retention requirements.
Equinix Partnership Support in the Following Regions: Americas and Asia Pacific
How Do I Get Started?
Simple. Use the Contact Me button below and an Equinix representative with be in touch. If you are an existing Equinix or AWS customer, you can even order AWS Direct Connect through your customer portal. Once Equinix has an order, a cross-connect is typically made within 72 hours. All you need to do is decide how many connections you’d like and the port size (1 Gbps and 10 Gbps are available). Multiple ports can be used for increased bandwidth or redundancy. Click the button below and we'll have an Equinix representative call you to discuss your needs.