Tell us more about how we can help you develop strategies to best leverage Platform Equinix.Get in Touch
Smart Hands Expert remote assistance and technical expertise
Through our Smart Hands™ service, our highly trained and experienced IBX® Technicians provide assistance for remote management, custom installations, and equipment troubleshooting. Services range from power-cycling equipment to signal-testing a circuit, to performing an emergency equipment replacement. You can’t be at the IBX all the time, but we are.
Our Smart Hands technicians are trained in the latest technologies and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Onsite/offsite technical assistance and troubleshooting
- Equipment installations and configurations
- Ladder racking, pre-wiring of patch panels and equipment
- Interface card removal, installation and configuration
- Testing media for continuity and proper signaling
- Providing visual verifications to assist in remote troubleshooting
- Inventorying/labeling of equipment
- Assistance in the conference room and with AV equipment setup
- Power cycling a router, server, and switch and soft-booting a server
- Adding, removing, and verifying a demarcation
- Moving equipment within your space and cabinets
- Moving or securing a cable
Reliable, accessible and experienced customer support is available across our global footprint of IBX data centers in 37 markets.
The Equinix Customer Portal is available for customers to report issues, open trouble tickets or order new services.
In Their Words
"We know we can count on the Equinix Smart Hands™ service if we need assistance. Everything we run for our clients is critical, but because an experienced Equinix technician will respond to our request in a heartbeat, I feel comfortable with these remote deployments."— Adrian Goins, President and CEO, Arces
Brochures & Datasheets
Manage your operations remotely with Smart Hands, our remote assistance technician service.
Managed services provider, Arces, uses Smart Hands to deploy remote infrastructure with confidence.
See how Equinix can help support you in an IBX data center or away from it.