Organizations are increasingly migrating applications and workloads to public clouds to achieve greater flexibility and improved economic efficiency. As they do so, they need to ensure that they are still able to deliver required levels of performance availability, security and compliance.
Realizing the potential of a hybrid cloud world
Equinix and F5 empower enterprises to deploy business-critical applications in multiple public cloud infrastructures to achieve greater business productivity, while delivering industry-leading security, availability and performance that today’s businesses demand.
- Consistent user experience
Establishing a strategic presence for your F5 Big IP cloud gateway within an Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data center provides cloud flexibility and consistent user experience across all your applications, no matter what cloud they may be using.
- Secure access
Together we ensure you can provide secure access for your users to all applications, workloads and data across your entire hybrid cloud environment (existing IT infrastructure combined with the flexible advantages of public clouds).
- Single point of control
By enabling you to orchestrate command and control of network traffic and security across all cloud infrastructure from a single point, we help you deliver a highly resilient and responsive IT infrastructure.
Elements of Equinix/F5 cloud gateway
- Equinix Cloud Exchange™ - offers software-defined direct connections to multiple cloud services from a single physical port, so you can access whatever service you need, when you need it.
- Equinix Performance Hub™ - brings IT resources to the corporate network edge, allowing you to quickly and safely connect to the cloud in markets everywhere.
- F5 Big-IP Platform - offers market-leading cloud gateway services including single sign-on and ID federation as well as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) inspection, Domain Name System (DNS) services, load balancing, a web application firewall and an advanced data center firewall. Delivered in real time across all workloads, this enables you to leverage the economics and services of multiple clouds while maintaining full application security and control.
- Read the press release: Equinix provides direct access to F5 Networks DDoS protection solution via Equinix Cloud Exchange
- Read the blog post: Equinix & F5: Taking control of your hybrid cloud security