June 17, 2019
Equinix Appoints Jon Lin as President, Americas
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.– June 17, 2019 – Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced that it has appointed Jon Lin, a 10-year Equinix veteran, as President, Americas. In this role, Lin will be responsible for the regional management, strategy and growth plan for Equinix in the Americas, including existing operations in Brazil, Canada, Colombia and the U.S.
- Lin succeeds Karl Strohmeyer, who served as President, Americas since 2013 and was appointed Chief Customer and Revenue Officer earlier this year, overseeing the company's overall go-to-market strategy.
- Lin has held various roles since joining Equinix in 2009, most recently as Vice President, Americas Regional Corporate Development. In this role, he led the Americas regional strategic planning and was a leader in the one of the company’s largest transactions: the $3.6 billion acquisition of 29 data centers from Verizon in 2017. Lin also managed the integration of the Verizon data center assets into Equinix, with a special focus on supporting the company’s federal strategy development. In 2018, he also played a leading role in the acquisition of Infomart Dallas.
- Before joining the Equinix Corporate Development team, Lin was Senior Director of Regional P&L, managing the Equinix Americas Southeast region. Under his leadership, Equinix became the fastest growing provider in the region, increasing market share, revenues and customer count.
- Lin joined Equinix in 2009 as Director of Innovation, where he focused on identification and development of current and future products and helping drive the initial formation of Equinix’s platform strategy. He then was promoted to Director, Corporate Strategy, where he was instrumental in the development of Equinix Cloud Exchange™ (ECX™) which remains the foundation of the company’s core interconnection services.
- Prior to Equinix, Lin served as Director of the Advanced Solutions Group at Tata Communications for two years. He also worked in a variety of roles at Verizon Enterprise Solutions for eight years, including Product Strategy, Sales and Consulting Services.
- Karl Strohmeyer, Chief Customer and Revenue Officer, Equinix
- has a strategic mindset and brings a workstyle that directly reflects the company’s core values and customer-centricity. His leadership of multiple critical initiatives has contributed significantly to the success of the company. As a 10-year veteran at Equinix, his understanding of our core business, and the value that we offer to companies, will position him well to continue to grow Equinix’s role as a trusted advisor to companies in their digital transformation initiatives.”
- Jon Lin, President, Americas, Equinix
“I look forward to working with our world-class Americas team to continue to deliver and improve on the successes of Equinix to date. We have a unique opportunity at this time of business transformation, and Equinix is well-positioned to continue its leadership as companies continue to adopt hybrid multicloud as the IT architecture of choice.”
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most-interconnected data centers. On this global platform for digital business, companies come together across more than 50 markets on five continents to reach everywhere, interconnect everyone and integrate everything they need to create their digital futures. Equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix products and solutions; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenues from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; a failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; risks related to our taxation as a REIT; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix Media Contact (Global)
+1 (650) 598-6240
Investor Relations Contacts