November 29, 2017
Equinix Collaboration with AWS Expands to Additional Markets
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. and LAS VEGAS, Nov. 29, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, today announced an expansion of its collaboration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) with the extension of direct, private connectivity to the AWS Direct Connect service to four additional Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers in North America and Europe. The move advances the Equinix and AWS collaboration that enables businesses to connect their owned and managed infrastructure directly to AWS via a private connection, which helps customers reduce costs, improve performance and achieve a more consistent network experience.
Effective immediately, AWS Direct Connect will be available to customers in Equinix IBX data centers in Helsinki, Madrid, Manchester and Toronto, bringing the total number of Equinix metros offering AWS Direct Connect to 21, globally. Customers can connect to AWS Direct Connect at all available speeds via Equinix Cloud Exchange™ (ECX), cross connects or Equinix-provided metro connectivity options. Additionally, with the recently announced AWS Direct Connect Gateway, Equinix customers can also access multiple AWS regions with a single conection to AWS Direct Connect.
- In addition to the four new markets announced today, Equinix offers AWS Direct Connect in the Amsterdam, Chicago, Dallas, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, London, Munich, New York, Osaka, São Paulo, Seattle, Silicon Valley, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo, Warsaw and Washington, D.C. metro areas.
- Direct connection to AWS inside Equinix IBX data centers is ideal for specific enterprise use cases, such as:
- Securing and accelerating data flows: Applications such as business intelligence, pattern recognition and data visualization require heavy compute and low-latency connectivity to large data sets. Equinix Data Hub™ and Cloud Exchange can help enterprises control data movement and placement by enabling private, secure and fast connectivity between private data storage devices and AWS compute nodes, maintaining data residency and accelerating access between storage and compute resources.
- Interconnecting to hybrid cloud and business ecosystems: Direct connection to AWS via the Equinix Cloud Exchange offers enterprises access to networks, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS providers and connectivity to thousands of other business ecosystems.
- Direct and private connectivity to strategic cloud providers that avoids the public internet is a growing business practice for leading companies. According to the Global Interconnection Index, a market study published recently by Equinix, the capacity for private data exchange between enterprises and cloud providers is forecast to grow at 160 percent CAGR between now and 2020.
- Equinix will showcase its cloud interconnection services at AWS re:Invent, Booth #2213, at The Venetian Hotel.
- Kaushik Joshi, Global Managing Director, Strategic Alliances at Equinix
"When businesses compete at the digital edge, proximity matters. To be successful, enterprises require superior interconnection. Together, Equinix and AWS are catalysts and enablers of this new digital and interconnected world. By offering AWS Direct Connect in our data centers across the globe, we are helping our customers solve their business challenges, drive better outcomes, and simplify their journey to the public cloud."
- Steve Cretney, Vice President, CIO, SC Data Center, Inc. (an affiliate of Colony Brands)
"Equinix and AWS allowed us to deliver a greater quality of service to our users, and an incredible return on our investment in just one year, by enabling us to create a fast, scalable, secure and reliable hybrid IT infrastructure."
- The Global Interconnection Index [market study]
- Equinix Achieves APN Advanced Technology Partner Status with AWS [press release]
- More about Equinix and AWS [website]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 48 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX data centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see recent Equinix quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Media Contact (Global), David Fonkalsrud, +1 (650) 598-6240, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Equinix Media Contact (EMEA), Liam Rose, +44 (0) 207 618 9602, email@example.com, OR Equinix Investor Relations Contacts, Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, firstname.lastname@example.org, OR Chip Newcom, +1 (650) 598-6262, email@example.com