May 25, 2016
Equinix Provides Direct Access to F5 Networks DDoS Protection Solution via Equinix Cloud Exchange
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company today announced that F5 Networks has joined the Equinix Cloud Exchange™ to provide direct, scalable and reliable access to its F5 Silverline® cloud-based DDoS protection solution inside Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia. By joining the Cloud Exchange, F5 enables enterprise customers in each of these markets to seamlessly access "scrubbed" data in a low-latency, secure and scalable environment.
DDoS attacks are increasing in scale and complexity, and are not expected to slow down any time soon. To prevent these attacks from reaching the enterprise network, organizations need a hybrid solution for cloud-based mitigation in addition to on-premises protection. In fact, in a recent report by F5, The State of Application Delivery, 81 percent of respondents cited plans to move toward hybrid cloud environments to leverage the flexibility and potential cost savings it offers. By working with Equinix, F5 ensures that its customers have the ability to create that hybrid defense solution in a secure and high-performance environment while also providing the ability to create a multi-cloud deployment model.
Highlights / Key Facts
- F5 Silverline DDoS Protection is a managed service delivered via the F5 Silverline cloud-based platform. It detects and mitigates DDoS attacks in real time, with industry-leading attack mitigation methods and bandwidth to stop even the largest of volumetric DDoS attacks from ever reaching the enterprise network. Current customers using Equinix Cloud Exchange for multi-cloud deployments can now subscribe to the F5 DDoS mitigation service.
- Equinix Cloud Exchange provides an option above other post-mitigation traffic delivery methods such as GRE tunnels, L2VPN, or cross connects, allowing for scalable, reliable, high performance private traffic delivery from F5 Silverline to the customer during mitigation.
- The F5 Silverline DDoS Protection solution is available on Cloud Exchange in Frankfurt, Singapore, Silicon Valley and Washington, DC. Availability on Cloud Exchange provides F5 customers improved performance and scale compared to other post-mitigation delivery methods, including public Internet and L2VPN. Additionally, the Cloud Exchange provisioning portal offers simple and streamlined configuration of the F5 Silverline DDoS Protection clean traffic delivery path.
- Equinix Cloud Exchange customers will have access to F5 Silverline DDoS Protection managed service to defend assets from all DDoS attack threat vectors, obtain Security Operations Center (SOC) expert advice 24x7x365, and gain attack mitigation insights with the F5 Customer Portal before, during, and after an attack.
- Equinix and F5 will be hosting a webinar, "How to keep your business online during a DDoS attack" today, Wednesday, May 25, from 10:00 – 11:00am PDT. For more information, click here.
- Ian Jones, senior vice president of Silverline Cloud Services, F5:
"We are thrilled to be working with Equinix to help safeguard enterprises against the rising tide of DDoS attacks. To best protect enterprise applications and data, today's CISOs need both an on-premises solution that satisfies the network operations team, while also incorporating a cloud-based component to defend against massive DDoS incidents. A hybrid solution, with Equinix Cloud Exchange at the access point and F5 Silverline DDoS Protection, is the ideal solution."
- Bill Long, vice president of interconnection solutions, Equinix:
"CIOs today are continually faced with network and application security concerns. With F5's unique blend of both on-premise infrastructure and cloud-based security solutions, CIOs can feel confident that their information is secure. By leveraging Equinix Cloud Exchange, F5 is changing the way that security services are delivered enabling a cloud solution without sacrificing security or performance."
- Learn more about F5 Silverline DDoS solutions [website]
- Protect Against Evolving DDoS Threats: The Case for Hybrid [white paper]
- Attend F5 Silverline DDoS Protection and Equinix Cloud Exchange webinar [link to webinar sign-up]
- Learn more about Equinix Cloud Exchange [website]
- Read the F5 "State of the Application Delivery" report [website]
- A Better Defense Against DDoS Attacks [blog post]
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX) connects the world's leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected data centers. In 40 markets across five continents, Equinix is where companies come together to realize new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies. www.equinix.com.
F5 and Silverline are trademarks or service marks of F5 Networks, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners. The use of the words "partner," "partnership," or "joint" does not imply a legal partnership relationship between F5 Networks and any other company.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix's recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
SOURCE Equinix, Inc.
Equinix Press Contacts: Sally Comollo (Americas), +1-781-366-5580, email@example.com; Wilson Craig (Americas), Mindshare PR for Equinix, +1-408-516-6182, firstname.lastname@example.org; Liam Rose (EMEA), +1-480-694-7489, email@example.com; Lorraine Little-Bigelow (Asia-Pacific), + (852) 2970 7742, firstname.lastname@example.org; Equinix Investor Relations Contacts: Katrina Rymill, +1 (650) 598-6583, email@example.com; Paul Thomas, +1 (650) 598-6442, firstname.lastname@example.org