Canada Data Centers
Expand. Evolve. Grow on Platform Equinix ›
Gain transformative access to all your people, locations, clouds and data with our expanding global footprint.
Equinix Canada Data Center
Equinix understands the unique data sovereignty requirements that Canadian Enterprises must consider as they manage data locally, while connecting to the largest CSPs globally. With this in mind Equinix, has invested significantly in building out a local Canadian region in form of the Toronto Campus.
Our rich portfolio of services can help get your Enterprise up and running in an Equinix facility, from expert consultations with our Global Solutions Architects, who can design and optimize your colocation and network services, to our Smart Hands™ support team for remote data centre management.
Today, 200+ companies colocate in Equinix’s over 13,000 square metres (142, 000 Sqft) data centre floor space in Canada to connect to business partners and customers across their digital supply chains. Strategically located in Toronto, the country’s largest metro market and communications hub, Equinix in Canada is home to many thriving, diverse business ecosystems, including:
- The dense concentration of network carriers (60+)including one of the largest Internet exchanges and peering points in the world and direct access to two diverse points of presence for the Toronto Internet Exchange.
- Financial services is Equinix largest vertical globally with 1200+ customers in this space interconnecting in our IBX’s around the world. In Toronto, the electronic trading community is leveraging our international network presence in TR2 and we are seeing a steady inflow of new customers and trading venues.
- Although it’s a relatively new DC, we are rapidly approaching 1/3rd of the equities market in Canada trading on execution venues located in TR2 including NASDAQ, OMEGA, Canadian Securities Exchange.
- Large Enterprises including software, banking, manufacturing, connect to NSPs, CSPs and each other within the IBX. Customers span a variety of industries and are some of Canada’s most recognizable brands. Including, Rogers Communications, PCL Construction & Engineering, Blackberry, Paysafe, Index Exchange.
- Resellers – many of the top Value-Added Resellers and System Integrators use Equinix as an on ramp to the cloud to facilitate enterprise hybrid cloud strategies. Including Longview Systems, Scalar Systems, Pivot /Teramach.
- Ad Exchange: One of the founders of the modern Advertising Exchange is Canadian Head Quartered Enterprise, Index Exchange, that co-locates with Equinix in TR2 as well as more than half-dozen sites on three continents
- Digital Payments ecosystem includes several large international banks as well as Canadian digital payments leader Paysafe.
- Government – both municipal and provincial are using Cloud Exchange in TR2 as an on ramp to large Cloud Service providers locally and globally through Cloud Exchange Fabric.
- Service providers that have a home in TR2 include; Microsoft, Workday, Akamai, IBM, Cisco and Google.TR2 is the only purpose-built data centre in network-dense Toronto’s downtown core. houses the only TOR-IX POP outside of 151 Front.
- TR2 houses 30+ carriers including: Bell, Rogers, Telus, Zayo, BT, Cogeco and sublake cable system from Crosslake Fiber with lowest latency path from Toronto to US East coast. 30 additional carriers can be reached at TR1 via FiberConnect. Customers at TR2 can route traffic out of metro with diversity from 151 Front via multiple fiber backbones pulled directly into TR2.
- Equinix TR1 is located in Canada’s largest carrier hotel, and provides 3,344 square meters of colocation space.