Canada Data Centers
Expand. Evolve. Grow on Platform Equinix ›
Gain transformative access to all your people, locations, clouds and data with our expanding global footprint.
Equinix Canada Data Center
Canadian enterprises must consider unique data sovereignty requirements as they manage data locally and connect to the largest CSPs worldwide. Equinix has invested in building a regional data infrastructure to meet local compliance needs and global business objectives. Our portfolio of services will help you transform your enterprise into a global platform for digital business. Equinix technical experts are here to assist with your digital transformation.
An Equinix Global Solutions Architect™ can design and optimize your colocation and network services, while our Smart Hands™ support team is always ready to help with your remote data management and technical support needs.
Today, 175 companies colocate in our Canadian data centers to connect with business partners and customers across their digital supply chains. Based in Toronto, Canada’s largest metro market and communications hub, Equinix Canada is home to vibrant business ecosystems including:
- 60+ network carriers, including the Toronto Internet Exchange (TorIX)
- Electronic trading including the Toronto Stock Exchange, NASDAQ, Index Exchange and the Canadian Securities Exchange
- Financial and digital payments industries, including Paysafe and several international banks
- Canada’s most recognizable brands, including Rogers Communications, PCL Construction & Engineering and Blackberry
- Resellers and system integrators, including Long View Systems, Scalar Decisions and Pivot/TeraMach
- Digital advertising, content and media companies that meet on the Equinix Ad-IX™ platform
- Municipal and provincial governments using Cloud Exchange Fabric™ to connect with CSPs locally and globally
Equinix TR1 is located in Canada’s largest carrier hotel at 151 Front Street and provides 13,000 square meters of colocation space to thirty carriers. Equinix Fiber Connect provides a low-latency connection between TR1 and TR2 to expand your interconnectivity across the Toronto metropole.
At 140,000 square meters, Equinix TR2 is home to service providers including Google, Microsoft, Cisco, Workday, IBM and Akamai. The only purpose-built data center in Toronto’s network-dense downtown core, TR2 houses the only TorIX POP outside of 151 Front Street as well as 30+ carriers including Bell Canada, Rogers Communication, TELUS, Zayo, BT, Cogeco and Crosslake Fibre. Customers can route traffic out of TR2 via multiple fiber backbones that bypass 151 Front Street.
Contact us below to see how Equinix can help you accelerate your business in Canada—and across the world.