Tell us more about how we can help you develop strategies to best leverage Platform Equinix.Get in Touch
Equinix Cloud Exchange
Accelerating Cloud Adoption Through Multi-Cloud Direct Access
For companies looking to evolve their cloud strategy, the Equinix Cloud Exchange is an advanced interconnection solution that enables seamless, on-demand and direct access for cloud adoption to multiple clouds and multiple networks across the globe. By bringing together cloud service providers with users and enabling them to establish private, high-performance connections, the Equinix Cloud Exchange gives enterprises direct access to the services they need to build sophisticated hybrid cloud solutions inside Equinix International Business Exchange™ (IBX®) data centers.
Next-Generation Interconnection Capabilities Enable High-Performance, Multi-Cloud Environment
The innovative interconnection capabilities of Equinix Cloud Exchange remove the security, performance, reliability and vendor lock-in concerns holding many organizations back from fully adopting and reaping the benefits of cloud services. By eliminating the bottlenecks associated with traditional cloud access across the public Internet, Equinix Cloud Exchange provides a secure path for companies to access cloud resources at much higher throughput. Equinix Cloud Exchange combines the automated interconnection of cloud, network and managed service providers with advanced service orchestration, providing enterprises with simple, scalable, direct access to the multiple cloud services they need to build highly flexible hybrid cloud solutions.
Available in many markets worldwide, Equinix Cloud Exchange gives companies multiple ways to connect multiple clouds across multiple sites—faster, easier, more reliably and affordably than using the open Internet.
Key features of the Equinix Cloud Exchange include:
- On-demand cloud connection automation – The Equinix Cloud Exchange portal and APIs simplify the process of managing connections to multiple cloud services
- One port, many virtual circuits – Equinix is home to more than 450 cloud services providers, and the number is growing. As more join the Cloud Exchange, service providers and users can connect to more participants over a single physical port
- Global reach – The data centers that host the Cloud Exchange are found in 13 top-tier markets globally, with six more coming by the end of 2014
- Secure, high-performance direct connections – Direct connections within the data center are more secure and reliable and have lower latency than public Internet connections
Increase the privacy, performance and reliability of your cloud service connections
Whether you’re a global enterprise, network service provider or cloud service provider, Equinix Cloud Exchange can extend your market reach and increase the privacy, performance and reliability of your cloud service connections.
For enterprises looking to evolve their cloud strategy, Equinix Cloud Exchange provides:
- Increased speed to multi-cloud connections through automated, near-real time provisioning to multiple cloud service providers
- Improved performance by connecting directly to cloud service providers
- Increased security by deploying applications within your data center’s local area network
- Reduced cost with one-to-many virtual connections with flexible bandwidth options
For network and cloud service providers, Equinix Cloud Exchange enables you to:
- Extend your market reach
- Simplify operations through streamlined business processes and automated provisioning
- Reduce complexity with traffic aggregation and pre-integrated API from Cloud Exchange
- Improve time to market through real-time one to many virtual connections
For more information on the Equinix Cloud Exchange and how it can accelerate your cloud strategy, download the Equinix Cloud Exchange data sheet or contact us.