Tell us more about how we can help you develop strategies to best leverage Platform Equinix.Get in Touch
Silicon Valley Data Centers Overview
Ecosystem Strength in Silicon Valley
At Equinix, we recognize that organizations in different industries face unique challenges and have different needs and priorities. The combination of Equinix’s rich customer base, aggregation of networks and presence in strategic global markets like Silicon Valley creates thriving business ecosystems across key industry segments.
Equinix’s financial ecosystem offers:
- Over 75 exchanges and trading platforms
- Over 450 buy- and sell-side firms
- Over 100 financial service providers
- The GUIDE tool to help financial firms quickly understand and visualize the interconnected global financial markets
- Ability to quickly deploy in the top 16 global financial centers
- Access to exchanges, trading platforms, market data providers and other enabling partners a cross connect away
- Over 900 network options to control bandwidth costs
Cloud & IT Services
Equinix’s cloud ecosystem offers:
- Over 300 cloud and 500 IT service providers
- Base of enterprise customers and carrier MPLS backbones reachable via the Equinix Marketplace
- Access to over 900 public and private networks to optimize performance and hit latency targets
- Specialized exchanges for Internet, Ethernet, and mobility
- Available capacity in 31 major business and population centers across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific
Equinix’s enterprise ecosystem offers:
- Maximization of supplier choice while taking advantage of onsite solution management partners to minimize complexity
- Accelerated deployment of virtual and cloud solutions
- Optimized performance by placing cloud applications within your enterprise
- Empowering of users through broadband and mobility connections
Silicon Valley IBX Data Center Tech Specs
- SV1 San Jose South IBX Center: ~133,500 ft² (12,400 m²)
11 Great Oaks Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95119
- SV2 Santa Clara IBX Center: ~160,000 ft² (14,800 m²)
1350 Duane Ave.
Santa Clara, CA 95054
- SV3 San Jose North IBX Center: ~103,000 ft² (9,500 m²)
1735 Lundy Ave.
San Jose, CA 95131
- SV4 Sunnyvale IBX Center: ~120,000 ft² (11,100 m²)
255 Caspian Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
- SV5 Sunnyvale IBX Center: ~126,000 ft² (11,758 m²)
9 Great Oaks Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95119
- SV6 Sunnyvale IBX Center: ~41,867 ft² (3,890 m²)
444 Toyama Drive
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
- SV8 Palo Alto IBX Center: ~45,319 ft² (4,210 m²)
529 Bryant St.
Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Equinix IBX data centers are designed with power systems that have built-in redundancy, full Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems with N+1 levels or greater, and backup generator systems in the event of a local utility failure. In addition, our teams will work with you to custom configure data center installations to accommodate specific high-power requirements. For individual specs of a particular data center in the Silicon Valley area, please Get in Touch.
- Our precision HVAC systems cool the most demanding high-power deployments. The HVAC system provides appropriate airflow, temperature, and humidity to provide optimum conditions for equipment operation and to minimize downtime due to equipment failure. For individual specs of a particular data center in the Silicon Valley area, please Get in Touch.
- The physical security of the IBX data center is one of our highest priorities. Each data center utilizes an array of security equipment, techniques and procedures to control, monitor and record access to the facility. Some key features* include:
- IBX is manned by onsite security on a 24x365 basis
- All doors, including cages, are secured with biometric hand geometry readers
- CCTV digital camera coverage of entire center, including cages, with archival system
- A silent alarm and automatic notification of appropriate law enforcement officials protect all exterior entrances
- CCTV integrated with access control and alarm system
- Motion-detection for lighting and CCTV coverage
- All equipment checked/screened upon arrival
- Visitors are screened upon entry to verify their identity, and in shared situations, are escorted to their appropriate locations
- Shipping and receiving area walled off from colocation areas
*Availability of some features vary by IBX facility
For individual specs of a particular data center in the Silicon Valley area, please Get in Touch.
- The Silicon Valley IBX data centers offer the following Interconnection options and services.
- System – Overhead proprietary cable tray system with multi-tier ladder rack
- **Cross Connects – Single-Mode fiber, Multi-Mode fiber (62.5 and 50 micron), CAT5, CAT6, CAT5 (T1), and CAT3 (POTS)
- Metro Connect – Extends choice and reach for carrier and network availability across metro areas
- Equinix Internet Exchange – Central switch for public and private peering
- ***Equinix Carrier Ethernet Exchange – Enables Ethernet Service Providers to interconnect to CENs and expand the reach of Ethernet services
- ***Equinix Direct™ – Automated network provisioning, multi-homing and billing
**Cross Connects for SV8 – Single-Mode fiber, Multi-Mode fiber (62.5 and 50 micron), CAT5 (Ethernet), COAX (DS3),
CAT5(DS1) and CAT3 (CS0)
***Not Available in the SV6, SV7, or SV8 IBX data centers
Equinix is committed to providing standards-compliant data centers, with many of our facilities having undergone audits for SSAE16 or receiving certification for ISO or LEED. Several Silicon Valley area IBX data centers have undergone LEED certification and/or SSAE16 SOC-1 Type II audits. Contact us to learn more about a particular facility. To learn more about compliance standards, click on a logo below.
How can we help?
Our expertise is at your service
Tell us more about how we can help you accelerate your business with Platform Equinix.