Tell us more about how we can help you develop strategies to best leverage Platform Equinix.Get in Touch
Munich Data Centers Overview
Ecosystem Strengths in Munich
In Munich, we know that organizations in different industries face unique challenges and have different needs and priorities. The combination of our rich customer base, aggregation of networks and presence in strategic global markets like Munich creates thriving business ecosystems across key industry segments.
Equinix’s financial ecosystem offers:
- Over 75 exchanges and trading platforms
- Over 450 buy- and sell-side firms
- Over 100 financial service providers
- The GUIDE tool to help financial firms quickly understand and visualize the interconnected global financial markets
- Ability to quickly deploy in the top 16 global financial centers
- Access to exchanges, trading platforms, market data providers and other enabling partners a cross connect away
- Over 900 network options to control bandwidth costs
Equinix’s enterprise ecosystem offers:
- Maximization of supplier choice while taking advantage of onsite solution management partners to minimize complexity
- Accelerated deployment of virtual and cloud solutions
- Optimized performance by placing cloud applications within your enterprise
- Empowering of users through broadband and mobility connections
Equinix's network-rich ecosystem offers:
- Widest choice of network providers with over 900
- Ability to leverage the broadest network choice for optimum IT performance, resiliency and cost control
- Improved performance with providers that deliver low-latency reach to end-users
- Reduced time-to-market by leveraging direct connections between corporate WAN providers and enterprise, cloud and managed service providers
- Ability to choose one global infrastructure partner, while retaining flexibility to optimize regional and local network structure
Munich IBX data center Tech Specs
- MU1 Munich IBX Center: ~137,653 ft² (12,788 m²)
- MU2 Munich IBX Center: Business Continuity site only
- MU3 Munich IBX Center: ~86,940 ft² (8,077 m²)
- Equinix IBX data centers are designed with power systems that have built-in redundancy, full Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems with up to N+1 levels or greater, and backup generator systems in the event of a local utility failure. In addition, our teams will work with our customers to custom configure data center installations to accommodate specific requirements.
For individual specs of a particular data center and details of our SLAs in Munich, please Get in Touch.
- Our precision HVAC systems cool the most demanding high-power deployments. The HVAC system provides appropriate airflow, temperature, and humidity to provide optimum conditions for equipment operation and to minimize downtime due to equipment failure.
For individual specs of a particular data center and details of our SLA in the Munich area, please Get in Touch.
- The physical security of each IBX data center is one of our highest priorities. Each data center utilises an array of security equipment, techniques and procedures to control, monitor and record access to the facility. Some key features include:
- IBX data centers are manned by onsite security on a 24x365 basis
- All doors, including cages, are secured with biometric hand geometry readers or access cards
- A silent alarm and automatic notification of appropriate law enforcement officials protect all exterior entrances
- CCTV digital camera coverage of the entire site, including cages, with archival system, integrated with access control and alarm systems
- Motion-detection for lighting and CCTV coverage
- All equipment checked upon arrival
- Visitors are screened upon entry to verify their identity, and in shared situations, are escorted to their appropriate locations
- Shipping and receiving area walled off from colocation areas
Availability of some features may vary by IBX data center.
For individual specs of a particular data center in the Munich area, please Get in Touch.
- The following Interconnection options and services are available from Munich.
- System – Overhead proprietary cable tray system with multi-tier ladder rack or underfloor traywork
- Cross Connects – Enables customers to connect to other parties within an IBX data center or IBX data centers on a campus location using copper or fiber services.
- Metro Connect – Extends choice and reach for carrier and network availability across metro areas
- Equinix Connect – provides a bundled IP transit solution for Equinix customers who require a single source solution
Availability of some features may vary by IBX data center.
For more details of Interconnection services available in a particular data center in Munich, please Get in Touch.
- Data Centre Standards and Compliance
- We are committed to providing standards-compliant IBX data centers. All Munich facilities have achieved the following standards:
- ISO 9001: 2008 – Quality Management
- ISO/IEC 27001:2005 – Information Security Management
- ISAE3402 / SSAE16 - Type 2 (MU1 and MU3 only)
- PCI-DSS v2.0
ISO 27001 is the internationally recognised standard defining the requirements for an organisation’s Information Security Management System (ISMS). The audit and certification process ensures the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of information and network systems.
Equinix takes information security seriously and has received the ISO 27001 certification for its European locations in the Netherlands, Germany and the UK and its Asian-Pacific locations in Tokyo and Singapore.
By fulfilling the requirements of the ISO 9001 certification, Equinix ensures that a quality management system in place that always meets the requirements of our customers. The system and quality objectives are reviewed, updated and amended regularly to guarantee continued suitability.
To learn more about compliance standards, click here.
How can we help?
Our expertise is at your service
Tell us more about how we can help you accelerate your business with Platform Equinix.